The Department of Social Work is committed to the following:
- Addressing population aging in Taiwan, and gaining affiliation with the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Adapting to the emerging trends in international welfare enterprises.
- Enhancing the quality and quantity of healthcare-related professionals.
- Following through the university’s holistic development goals.
- Conforming to the School of Healthcare’s aim of responding to the needs of citizens’ health, work conditions, and life quality.
- Increasing the fundamental skills of social work professionals for community practice, and expanding their international perspectives.
Educational Goals for Undergraduate Students
Cultivating students to become compassionate, innovative, practical, and dynamic social workers, using their knowledge and expertise to focus on the needs of social mobility.
Educational Goals for Graduate Students
Producing middle- and high-level social work professionals to be more analytical, creative, and innovative in practice and in management, and aiming to provide more effective care to vulnerable populations.