Strengths and Development
- The first social work department in central Taiwan to establish a domestic abuse service program, which led to the participation of implementing social safety network in the central part of Taiwan.
- The only social work department in central Taiwan to be listed in the World's Top 100 Universities.
- The only social work department in Taiwan that manages both the Center for Community Empowerment and the Volunteer Match Center, striving to cultivate community care professionals.
The only social work department in Taiwan that provides a free course for social work licensure.
The department offers both social work and psychology courses, designed to train students who hope to become a social worker or a counselling psychologist.
The university works with hospitals in long-term care and medical social work, and cultivates medical and long-term social work professionals.
Combined courses from the Art Museum of Asia University, the Departments of Psychology, and the Health Care Management, and established cross-degree courses in order to conduct a variety of complementary and art therapy classes.
The Participation in Promoting International Assistance:
- Actively hosts conferences and participates in international organizations.
- Trains students to independently organize international volunteer services, participate in promoting international aid affairs, and continue to manage volunteer services in Vietnam, Cambodia, and the Philippines. Link: https://www.facebook.com/AUSWinVolunteer/
An INGO M.A. program and INGO Research Center are offered for students who aim to learn more about international social care.
Organizes international social work internships, assisting students in professional assistance programs to participate in international affairs independently.